A lifetime membership to a better way of living. Sounds promising.
This is more than an idea. This is an innovative circular T-Shirt Company that could change the waste problem caused by fast fashion, and a new commerce model for things we use every day. Kristy Caylor, CEO of For Days, joins Nataliya Makulova on location at ReMode Conference in Los Angeles.
In this episode:
- A new model for commerce for things we use every day
- Avoiding cycle of purchase and pollute, purchase and pollute
- Wear, return, up-cycle
- Subscription model, not purchased, another type of consuming fashion, a sharing economy because sharing materials
- Eliminating closet clutter and clothing waste
- Doesn’t make anyone change consumption patterns, makes you feel great—same person as was but now helping reduce waste
- Having access to things that make you happy, optimistic and futuristic
- Empowering, closing the loop system
- Building a factory, scaling — working on—a smaller prototype in Los Angeles area
- Systems and processes and the value of Kristy’s engineering background
- Challenges of building new technology
- At the forefront of conversations and there is a shift in the industry
- And the need for a sense of connectivity